I’m passionate about health and wellbeing, particularly the health of young people. I spend my days either learning or teaching, often simultaneously.
I’m currently a PhD candidate in the Institute for Culture and Society at Western Sydney University and my project is part of the NHMRC funded Centre for Research Excellence in Adolescent Health. My research interests are in the socio-cultural aspects of young people’s health and well-being. My current project focuses on young people’s use of social media, the selfie in particular, in relation to their health.
Other ways I spend my time:
- Training groups and individuals at Exquisite Fitness;
- Researching with Griffith University School of Education and Professional Studies;
- Tutoring at QUT School of Exercise & Nutrition Sciences; and
- Providing consultancy services for organisations in governance, management, policy, planning, and project and event management.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Movement Studies), Queensland University of Technology
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- Level 1 Yoga Teacher